- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
Best of all, there are plenty of options for getting your tax-free deals right here in Prince William County! Go to Visit Prince William to see a list of nearby retailers, from independent boutiques to your favorite national stores.
For a more detailed listing of qualifying items, read the 2018 Combined Sales Tax Holiday Guidelines.