Prince William County Schools: Prince William County Schools receives over half of all local tax dollars collected in PWC. Their budget is created and managed by the elected School Board. To learn more about PWCS, please visit their website pwcs.org
School Expansions: As our county continues to grow, it is important to keep investing in school infrastructure in the Woodbridge District. Overcrowded classrooms are not ideal for anyone. The Prince William County School Board adopted the Fiscal Year 2015 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) in conjunction with the Board of County Supervisors to fund five capital improvement projects to schools in the Woodbridge District. They include:
- Featherstone Elementary School – A six-classroom addition ($8.8 Million) is scheduled for 2015.
- Rippon Middle School – A nine-classroom addition ($7.4 Million) is scheduled for 2016.
- Belmont Elementary School – A four-classroom addition ($8.6 Million) is scheduled for 2017.
- Kilby Elementary School – A brand new, $31.4 Million replacement building is scheduled to open in 2017.
- Leesylvania Elementary School – A four-classroom addition ($6.9 Million) is scheduled for 2019.