Congratulations to the Prince William-based organizations that made the Washington Business Journal’s much-anticipated compilation of outperforming enterprises, localities and amenities throughout the Greater Washington area!
- Regus coveted the #1 spot in the Top 25 coworking spaces with 39 locations in the Washington metro-area that includes Battlefield Overlook. Brickyard ranked #23 and is opening a brand new coworking space in Neabsco Commons, Woodbridge, Virginia in summer 2019;
- Also #1 in its category is Northern Virginia Community College for the highest enrollment in colleges and universities, followed closely byGeorge Mason University at #3;
- TechAnax claimed the #2 spot out of the Top 75 fastest-growing Washington metropolitan area companies, with Able Moving & Storage at #62 and Open Systems Technologies Corp. at #66;
- Contract Solutions, Inc. ranked #3 in financial donations and #2 for providing 4,000 volunteer hours, out of 10 small companies in Greater Washington. And in the season of giving, the County’s top corporate philanthropist was the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation placed #28 out of 50;
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC), the international biological resource center and research organization, located in Innovation Park was ranked the fourth largest bioscience employer with 526 bioscience employees;
- Potomac Mills, Virginia Gateway and Manassas Mall, ranked #4, #8 and #12 respectively, as some of the region’s largest malls and shopping centers;
- Carter Bank & Trust ranked twice, at #7 out of 25 commercial lenders and #48 out of 50 banks ranked by 2018 metro-area deposits. On the Home Mortgage Lenders list was Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp. at #16;
- Ennis Electric Co. Inc. ranked #8 out of 10 electrical providers and My Plumber Heating and Cooling #9 out of 10 mechanical contractors, both ranked by 2017 revenue;
- The Prince William County Department of Economic Development tied along with the Prince William Chamber of Commerce at #8 in terms of annual budget size amongst other jurisdiction organizations;
- Prince William County Public Schools ranked #15 and Prince William County Government ranked #34 among the region’s top non-Federal, public and private employers;
- Temporary Solutions Inc. ranked #19 out of 25 temporary staffing companies;
- Brown & Brown Insurance Agency of Virginia Inc. came in #20 out of the top 25 insurance brokers and agent firms;
- Federal Conference secured the #23 spot on the list of Top 25 veteran-owned companies;
- Perfect Planning Events ranked #24 out of 24 meeting and event planning companies; and
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center also made the list of Top 25 Hospitals at #24.
Of the wealthiest zip codes, ranked by ACBJ’s 2018 Wealth Index, Haymarket, VA 20169 placed #38 and Manassas, VA 20112 came in at #41 out of 50 metro-area zip codes. Meanwhile in the Top 25 single- and multi-family homebuilders ranking, Lennar Corp. took the #4 spot and Drees Homes ranked #17.
Among the county’s golf courses, six made the Top 25, which includes Old Hickory Golf Club claiming the #3 spot, Robert Trent Jones Golf Club at #4,Stonewall Golf Club at #9, General’s Ridge Golf Course at #14, Dominion Valley Country Club at #20, and Bristow Manor Golf Club at #24.