This just in from the Prince William County Office of Elections! If you think that you will not be able to make it to the polls on November 6, 2018, due to work obligations, travel, serving overseas or another approved reason (click here and scroll to “Reason Codes” if unsure), you can still cast your vote by mail or in-person before election night, September 21-November 3. The deadline to register to vote or update records is October 15, 2018.
Voting by Mail: You can vote in the comfort of your own home by having a ballot mailed to you. In order
to have a ballot mailed to you, voters need to fill out and submit an application to the Office of
Elections. Apply for your mail ballot online at Virginia Department of Elections > Ways to Vote > Vote
Absentee by Mail. Ballots will be mailed to voters after September 21, 2018. Marked ballots must be
returned to the Office of Elections no later than 7:00pm on Election Day November 6, 2018.
Voting at an Absentee Vote Center: Voters who plan to visit an Absentee Vote Center do not need to
submit an application online beforehand. Simply show up at the Vote Center most convenient for you
with your Photo ID. Locations are as follows:
- Main Office of Elections: 9250 Lee Avenue, Suite 1, Manassas, VA 20110
- DMV Woodbridge: 2731 Caton Hill Road, Woodbridge, VA 22192
- Haymarket Gainesville Public Library: 14870 Lightner Road, Haymarket, VA 20169
Please see the schedule below. Days and times are the same for all three locations. Saturday, November 3 is the last day to vote absentee.
- Friday, September 21 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 | 8:30am to noon
- Monday, September 24 through Friday, September 28 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 29 | 8:30am to noon
- Monday, October 1 through Friday, October 5 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 | 8:30am to noon
- Monday, October 8 CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, October 9 through Friday, October 12 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, October 13 | 8:30am to noon
- Monday, October 15 through Friday, October 19 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, October 20 | 8:30am to noon
- Monday, October 22 through Friday, October 26 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 | 8:30 to 5:00pm
- Monday, October 29 through Friday, November 2 | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Last Day to Vote Absentee: Saturday, November 3 | 8:30am to
Get more information on voting in Virginia, to include your polling location and a list of candidates, visit the Virginia Department of Elections online.