Published earlier this month, the American Community Survey data collected survey results from 2011-2015. Patch.com collected 11 of the big numbers below (along with data from the 2006-2010 report released 5 years ago).
- Estimated population in Prince William County: 437,300 (379,415 in 2010)
- There were 136,800 households in Prince William County (124,879 in 2010)
- Families made up 77 percent of the households in Prince William County (same as 2010)
- 46 percent of all households have one or more people under the age of 18 (47 percent in 2010)
- 18 percent of all households have one or more people 65 years and over (14 percent in 2010)
- 35 percent of residents were born in Virginia (34 percent in 2010)
- 31 percent spoke a language other than English at home (30 percent in 2010)
- The total school enrollment in Prince William County was 130,100 (110,065 in 2010)
- The median income of households in Prince William County was $98,657 ($91,098 in 2010)
- The median monthly housing costs for mortgaged owners was $2,215 ($2,396 in 2010)
- The average commute to work was 40 minutes — that’s average, results vary (39 minutes in 2010)
Find more data about Prince William County at the U.S. Census Bureau.