There’s always something going on in New Woodbridge and Prince William County. Use our searchable calendar to find events from community cleanups to festivals to government town halls. Have an event of your own? Learn how to add your own submissions, promoting your event to area residents. We’ll often feature these on Facebook.com/NewWoodbridge, too.
For a comprehensive list of local volunteer opportunities, visit Volunteer PW.
This free workshop presented by the Alzheimer’s Association is for anyone who would like to know more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging. If you or someone you know is affected by Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, it’s time to learn the facts. Topics covered include:
• Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
• How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
• Causes and risk factors
• How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
• The benefits of early detection
• How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
• Stages of the disease
• Hope for the future
• Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help
For more information and to register, call 800.272.3900.